COMICS

4 mar 2020

Poetry Day (21st March)


 Whenever March strikes back, we devote some time to doing some research about poetry.

It all started three years ago when I went for some deep analysis of "The Lady of Shalott" (by Lord A. Tennyson), a poem about Camelot and the Arthurian Cycle (some compulsory reading for anyone who has studied "Filología Inglesa" in Spain).

Last year, I caught myself remembering those "good auld days" of my childhood. I decided to give "Annabel Lee" by E.A. Poe the place it deserves in our lives.

"If" by Rudyard Kipling is considered to embody all the values and virtue supposed to be achieved throughout a healthy and balanced life, so , what a great way to start saying bye to childhood!
It is time to start and get ready to welcome the so well-known  adolescence!
Therefore, we will work on it by translating it, adapting the poem into Spanish (without checking that awful,heartless and deprived of any emotion gadget called "Google"), making a song ,if possible, and performing some play (some brief account of the details portrayed).

Here I post a link to the poem. Enjoy it!:


https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/46473/if---

Hoy...