COMICS

10 ene 2016

She

It's several years of watching her sitting at the front row during the lessons.
She always wanted to take part,to read even before having a clue whether the reading would be an easy one or not.
I stick to her voice.It was then Alex and Dani got so brave as to try and read the 'rat' role in that reading that started with that of 'Wanda the Witch is at home...'
And then one day she gave me something as a souvenir of the day she took her Communion.I still keep it as a bookmark.
And in 1°ESO,she gave that speech about the different kinds of flamenco dance...
And that day I entered the classroom and she was crying since she had already finished reading a novel whose ending was not as happy as she expected.
You will never get used to this.
It's the second time I will say bye to a student and now the hours we spent in the same class come running wildly from the back of my mind.
When you teach,you see your kids grow up and you know they will stick in your memory as the kids they were. We talked about our shared origins in the sense her parents come from the same place as me.I remember her as someone who craved for reading.
I once wrote her name in my 'school records' book and then it was like that year after year...her name and her surnames.
I just looked for that piece of cardboard with her name and the date of her Communion in it and I read it once and over again.She got stuck in our memories as a little child then and in our memory she will still be like then

Hoy...